Karol Children's Hospital
Pediatric Clinical Genetics
Pediatric geneticists at Karol Children's Hospital are trained to detect causes and history of disorders in patients aged 0-18 years. Pediatric geneticists may suggest some examinations to understand, which can help understand the child's condition. Our specialists also support families to know that some diseases are hereditary, and some tests may help present and future generations. Our Paediatric geneticists advise parents about their questions of hereditary and treat children from birth to adulthood.
Our Paediatric geneticists may treat and recommend in following conditions:
- Congenital disabilities
- Conditions like down syndrome, achondroplasia, or Williams Syndrome
- Some conditions which may cause disabilities as fragile x syndrome or fetal alcohol syndrome
- Cystic fibrosis, phenylketonuria, or sickle cell disease types inborn errors of metabolism
- Child's significantly problematic height
- Hereditary issues as some heart disease or others
Our Pediatric geneticists understand that explanation with children and family should be very easy. Parents have lots of questions about these types of things, so our specialists provide clear descriptions. If some tests are needed, then only we suggest and define how it will help. We have Pediatric geneticists who have the training and enough experience to diagnose and treat children with genetic issues. At Karol Children's hospital, you can be sure that you will get only the best advice and treatment.